If you are one of these people who would rather avoid going out at all on the 14th of February and boycott this notoriously commercialised day – worry not, you’re not on your own. While going out for a dinner on Valentine’s Day is a far-from-perfect experience, there are other things you could do to spoil yourself and express the self-love. Whether it’s 14th February or any other day.
Here’s my 14 favourite suggestions to spoil yourself rotten:
- Travel. There’s no better way to treat yourself than travelling. OK, I might be slightly biased here, but do take that trip – especially now since it’s low season!
- Sign up for a course or experience you wouldn’t have spend money on otherwise (Honey, you’re worth it!)
- Treat yourself for a massage or beauty treatment. Treatwell has a bunch of services to help you with that.
- Tick off your bucket list items. I made a list of my London bucketlist items which can be found here.
- Pamper yourself at home. There are lots of great ideas on Pinterest on how to make your DIY masks and body treatments, check out my Pinterest board here.
- Spend the night at a hotel or resort. There are lots of great deals on booking.com and if you are flexible with the dates, make sure you check out Holiday Pirates section too.
- Cook a lovely dinner for one. There are plenty of yummy recipes on Pinterest, my favourite ones can be found on my Food board.
- Spend the time doing something good. There’s no better way to feel good about yourself than bettering someone else’s life.
- See a gig. There are always plenty options to choose from, especially in the big cities, so check them out. Some options include and aren’t limited to: a stand up comedy show, improv night, a Sofar Sounds gig or an opera – the call is yours.
- Explore alternative cinema experiences. I have written more about it here.
- Visit a vineyard, gin distillery or brewery. There are plenty of these around London.
- Dress up and take yourself out for a nice meal. Don’t you just love that feeling when you look in the mirror and think I’m too sexy for my love? Make yourself feel that way, do your hear and wear the clothes that fit you like a match made in heaven.
- Book the evening to yourself and spend it doing what you love, without judging yourself.
- Get in touch with your inner artist. Sing, draw, paint, dance – do what you love doing.
What are you favourite ways to treat yourself?